Wednesday, February 13, 2008

"Welcome to New York City"


The first thing I noticed on the plane which was ready to land at JFK airport, was the beautiful view of the city. From my small window I could see an endless number of dark brown bloks, which were the buildings' roofs. There were also some green areas, but not as many as I thought I would find. The rest of the view was blue. Everything looked so perfect from up there, a perfect place to live in, with perfect buildings/houses, and perfect people...

Suddenly, I heard the voice of the pilot over the itercom. From all the things he said I undestood nothing but one phrase: "Welcome to New York City." I was very excited to be in a new place however, I had this feeling which made me feel nervous and insecure, because everything I heard aroud me was people speaking in other language. At that time I barely undestood English, so for me not knowing the official language of this country became my biggest "problem," and that was just the beginning...
Now enjoy the video.

4 comments:

Michael J. Cripps said...

I'm loving the header graphic, especially the way you've got the I as the pinnacle of the Empire State Bldg. Nice.

I wonder if your post might be a good one to break into two paragraphs, with "suddenly" working as your transition. Remember, Lenssen and his point about lists, images, tables, and writing so the reader can scan. (Delete this comment after you read it, or not.)
:-)

Adam said...

Wow Annette, your blog is looking great. I see that you have added some other pictures to your blog. Also, I am so impressed that you have a video from youtube on your blog. I wonder how you did that.

MalmsteenRulez! said...

I think your blog fit some of Bernstein's 10 tips, some of Lenssen's and Mahoney's tips. You don't write too much, you give details that engage your readers, you leave hints/foreshadowings for your next post, you give descriptive headlines, you add images and videos to support your story and you have a good grammar.

Anonymous said...

Annette, wazzup

The blog I thought was aesthetically appealing an the theme was pretty good as well. Seretse and I liked how your latest post was presented and the video at the end went well with the overall feel of the story.

The issues we had were not many but still there were some. We found that there were some spelling and grammatical errors.

Keep up the good work